Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Wonder...

by Kareena Zerefos

Sometimes I wonder if it's possible to obtain or even regain the imagination and wonder of being a child.  We all sat together and watched "Hook" last night.  I watched as Georgia, "Finked Happy Foughts" and attempted to fly off the couch time and time again.  She finally turned to me and said,"Would you ask God to let me fly, I really want to."  I sat there silent.  Me the one that has said, "I'm going to be honest and open with her all of her days."  But now....How can I break it to her that even God can't grant her wish to fly?  Or can He?  Am I so stifled in my world of "reality" that I have lost touch of the wonder and possibility all around me?  Is she giving me a glimpse into the possibility that I once knew and have now lost sight of?  She asked me a couple days ago if Mommy and Daddy know everything.  I quickly told her, "No, don't let us ever pretend like we do.  In fact, you teach us things every day.  Sometimes things we thought we knew but you help remind us that we don't!"  I mean't that but still just like I said...I sometimes wish there was a way to measure just how much more she knows than I do.

David and I watched a film called "Blindsight" last week.  A film about six blind Tibetan teenagers on their journey to climb Everest.  I don't want to give away the end because I strongly suggest you watch it.  I will say that we both felt conflicted about how much some of the guides pushed the children and in the end debated on who the climb was more important to, the seeing or the blind.  We so often think we are at such an advantage with all of our vast knowledge and sight, yet it brings me to this question.  Does our sight limit our ability to see things as they truly are?  Who's to say that the blind's imagination is limited without sight?  Is it possible that this frees them to things beyond our chains or "reality."  And in comparison does a child's lack of experience limit their ability to understand their potential in this life and beyond?
What are your thoughts?


Papier Mache Magazine 

Art: From the Menagerie by Kareena Zerefos
Photography: Papier Mache Magazine
Thank you for your Inspirations!
Fly

Imagine


Play

Meditate






*Parents and Grandparents: Check out Lu Lu's New Picks

No comments:

Post a Comment