Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year's Rave and Nunicorn Gummies

Happy New Year to All.  I think I read you can continue saying that throughout the month and it is acceptable.  After that, I wouldn't dare wish anyone a Happy New Year!  We had a quiet Family Rave at our house on New Years and I believe we were all in bed by ten-thirty.  I love my life, no expectations of staying up far too late and consuming far too much alcohol.  Happy New Year's to Me!  We Danced, We Drank, We Ate, and We Slept.  Happy 1st Anniversary to Our Happy Little Family!!!

Georgia's 1st Bubbly
(Sparkling Pomegranate) 

D.A.D.A.N.C.E

Do the Dance Do the Dance

We Had Way Too Much Fun!
Georgia loves her some dance music.

Is Teague Winking at Me?

Dinner Ala David

New Year Kisses

What is New Year's without
pretending to be dogs?

Our "Puppy" Fetching

Oh, She is Good.

This is how Georgia dressed me up.
How can I be so serious with a sticker on my face
and a glow necklace...all that is missing is a pacifier.

New Year Kisses.

Our Love.

New Year Snow Day Snuggles

I love Colorado.
Please God let us stay!

Yep, Nunicorn Gummi Candy
Not a typo...Georgia calles them Nunicorns
and I tend to agree with whatever she says.

Gummies
Via
Skip to my Lou
All we needed was 1 -3 oz box of flavored gelatin and 2 - 1/4 oz  packages of unflavored gelatin, water and candy molds. (I used 4 Candy Molds)

I purchased them from
Candy Mold Central.  I bought Scottie Dogs, Nunicorns, Mushrooms, and Music Notes.  I like that I can personalize our snacks.I had a hard time trying to determine which were appropriate molds for Gummies.  After some research I chose molds that were marked as "Chocolate Molds" but were plastic.  I determined that Silicone and Plastic were appropriate to use for gummy making.
Place 1/3 cup water in a small sauce pan. Sprinkle the Jello and  unflavored gelatin over the water. Let sit 5 - 10 minutes. (If you like chewier gummi candy add in another packet of unflavored gelatin.)  I did!
Place sauce pan over medium heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved, about 2-5 minutes. When mixture is liquid and all gelatin has dissolved, remove from heat.  Let cool a minute and then pour into a container that is easy to pour from.  I use a small ceramic creamer pitcher. Make sure it's any easy pour!
Fill molds.  Allow to cool completely, about 20 minutes. They may be placed in a refrigerator for about 10 minutes if the kiddos/adults are eager.
Once cool, the backs can be lightly dusted with corn starch, if desired.  I used a pastry brush and lightly ran them in all directions on the back.  This worked great!


I made peach and "blue" Gummies. Whatever "Blue" is.  I used 2, 3 oz. boxes of the blue and they had more flavor.  I eventually would like to go the Asian Market to see if I can snag more exotic flavors. 


Afterthoughts:  My family is used to less sugar packed fruit snacks and were more than happy with the peach Gummies which were made with only one, 3 ounce box.  If your family is used to Scooby and My Little Pony...I can't promise that they will be sold by these.  My family loves them and are more than happy to trade them for store bought.  Also... I am in no way, shape, our form endorsing these as "Healthy Snacks."  However, I feel better when things are made from my own too hands.  Even if they are pack with artificial ingredients.  We all love Gummies....right? 


Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete