Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oklahoma 2002-Denver 2010

 Blake, Corby, and David
 2002
My Boys.
I pause here looking at this picture.  Remembering flashes through
not only the years but from this night.  This picture smells like Corby,
sounds like Ani Difranco,
 and feels like home.

All three of these men helped shape who I am today.
I will carry that with me every day,
for all my days.
Until we are together again.







David and Priscilla
2002
Awwww, look at us.  These pictures scare David.
He always asks...."Why did you paint your face white?"
I have repeatedly told him...."It wasn't paint just the wrong
makeup, I suppose. " Yet he continues to ask and be
disturbed by these pictures of me.  I have to agree. I'm
quite pale....I miss that dress.  I would still wear that.
Yep, Yep.  That's us at prom.
Aren't we precious?

I thought it would be funny to show up at the door with
the wings from the above picture on.
He never even acknowledged them.
He has
always allowed me...to be me.
He also wore a purple orchid for me.
I should have known then I
would share my life with him.


I think this night I knew.
We had been together a week...

Check out that stunning bride in the back!




Our 1st Picture All Together...
minus Teague.

Our 1st Picture Taken Together
in Denver, Colorado
2010


To Another Ten.
I love you, David.

2 comments:

  1. i love this! it's great to have those pics from so long ago isn't it? i need to find our prom pics too.

    ReplyDelete